OrionH is an Adobe Photoshop extension with dozens of features which is at a very powerful tool to control of your digital images.
OrionH simplifies graphics processing while reducing highly complex operations in a few clicks and saves up to 70% of the time it normally takes to process astronomical image (landscape with the milky way, Startrail and deep sky).
OrionH is divided into three main sections:
- Panel for the development of the Milky Way on the landscape:
- Panel for the processing of Startrail;
- Panel for the development of deep-sky objects.
LOGIN E MENU’
The term ONLINE indicates that you are connected to the Internet, essential to make the first login.
If you forgot your password you can retrieve it by switching on the reserved area of the site via the “Forgot Password?” Link
Clicking on the OrionH logo or the menu button (Hamburger) on the top right will open a menu containing some quick links. Clicking on Settings will open a submenu that will allow you to customize the color of the panel with two shades, the language (Italian / English), the font size and the panel; OrionH version is down, if updates are available, a download link for the new version will be shown (you will receive a notification for updates).
The section “Milkyway” have the first column “BOOST CONTRAST” with three different application levels. This function need to “extrude” the milkyway, Low for a light extrusion, Mid for a moderate, High for an extreme extrusion. Clicking on one of the three options the panel will generate a new layer with a black mask. With the white brush we start brushing only on the interested area, in this case on the milkyway. You can see immediatly the difference on th nebulosity that are popped up.
This function is divided in two different levels useful to darken ing the night sky around the milkywa, lightly (low) and extreme (high), always with the white brush (opacity depending on your raw) and we brus the interested area, in this case the sky background
Divided into “Filter stars e dodge & burn” The first (filter star) must be accompained by the function “selection star” (in deep sky) we will see later. The second (dodge & burn) is useful to give three-dimensionality to the image applying the black and white brush as specificated in the the new renamed levels.
GENERAL LIGHTS: It eliminate the lights working exclusively on the high light
LIGHT POLLUTION: It eliminate the light pollution making the sky homogeneus.
(brush only the interested areas)
ALL: It gives a general saturation
R: Selectively saturated the red
B: Selectively saturated the blue
Y: Selectively saturated the yellow
It’s used to eliminate color dominants.
R: Selectively desaturated the red
B: Selectively desaturated the blue
Y: Selectively desaturated the yellow
It fluidize the startrail to make them fluid and homogeneus, making the lines very soft. This action have four different levels, one lighter than other. (Brush were it’s needed).
It extracts the colours of the stars depending on the choice of three RGB colours. (All three can be applied) (Brush were it’s needed).
This panle have the same function of “Color cast” bau more accurate and strong in the 3-color extrusion (stars color) and 4-color (saturation) (Brush were it’s needed).
It change the color tone of the stars.
STARS & LIGHT
Polaris center collapse: this function must be used only on the narrow part of the polar to hide the fluid effect on the absolute black.
It create a flat on the general light reducong the moirè effect.
It makes the finest and small trails disappear to help eliminate the moirè effect.
Dust and Scratch: It eliminate artifacts and similar during the process.
It generally eliminates gradient.
Light color: gradient given by light
Heavy color: gradient generated by color
Light pollution: light pollution gradient
It act on the noise: Backround noise: it act on the general noise
Deep noise: it act on the noise generated on the absolute black
Color spot: it eliminate dots of colors forming the sensor
Blue halos: it eliminate blue halos
Noise flat: it create a flat on the noise making the operation homogeneus
Saturation: it saturate the stars
Contrast: it contrasts dark and bright areas
Filter: similar to “filter stars” of the milkyway’s area but much more general and light
H-alpha: it acts on the channels extrapolating the red signal simulating a H-alpha channel
OIII: it acts on the channels simulating the third oxigen.
It simulates spikes to the stars in different intensities
(to use with a mask if the result is too strong)
VIDEO DEMO ABOUT THE POTENTIAL OF ORIONH
INSTALLATION AND ACTIVATION OF ORIONH
VIDEO TUTORIAL ABOUT POST-PRODUCTION WITH ORIONH
SOME PHOTOS CREATED WITH ORIONH
WHERE TO BUY ORIONH?
Buy it via PayPal channel in our shop .
You will receive the download link together with instructions and guidance for installation in your mail inbox.
OrionH is compatible with:
(V.15) CC2015 CC2017 CC2015.5
WINDOWS & MAC OS
REVIEWS OF ORIONH
” OrionH is certainly a revolutionary panel because it reduces post-production time of a night sky and is equipped with intuitive functions, simple and comfortable. Angelo Perrone and Michael Ruggeri Milky Way Hunters have put together all their knowledge on editing of night photography at one extension for Adobe Photoshop and I think that will simplify processing photos of many people. Each of us will be able to adapt the use of the panel to your style by using more features than others, or working with the opacity of brushes and levels. I agreed to test this product because I like to experience new and expand my horizons and I was equally thrilled with the choice; I can not wait to be able to use in my next shots and show it to my students. “
This panel for Adobe Photoshop may well save you countless hours of doing the same, repetitive tasks over and over. The OrionH panel is intuitive, feature rich, and does not cost an arm and a leg. It’s available in Inglese and Italian for € 30 at milkywayhunters.com .
LATEST UPDATES OF THE PANEL
- Fixed Login problem.
- Bug fix.
- Major Release of July 15, 2017
- Renewed graphical interface, includes a drop-down menu with links and additional utilities.
- There is a toast notification when updates are available.
- Voice Commands Ready (BETA)
- Introduced macro-metric and micro-metric quick-selection of Luminosity, Warm Tonality and Cold Tonality from 5 to 10 sensitivity.
- Some quick tools have been added to further optimize the workflow.
- New function (AUTO) for the automatic processing of the Milky Way
- New Feature (Manual Stacking) to speed up background and sky stacking.
- New feature to create Star-Trails automatically (even using RAW).
- New feature to remove Hot Pixels without altering the stars or sharpness of the photo.
- New function to remove green dominant.
- Added new intensity to functions (star filters, H-alpha simulation, Oiii, gradient reduction) in the Deep Sky section.
- New features for the Deep Sky section (vertical strip removal, green channel change, green dominant removal, hot pixel removal).
- Bug fixed varies.
- Now every function generates a level with an appropriate name.
- Improved compatibility of all functions with systems that have languages ??other than Italian.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the proper execution of the Star-Trails feature fluid.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the proper execution of the function Milky Way Dodge & Burn.
- Fixed various bugs that prevented the correct operation of some features of Deep Sky section.
- Fixed the problem of automatic conversion to 8bit method in Deep-Sky tab.
- Fixed some English / Italian translations.
- Submitted connection status Online / Offline in the Login form.
- Added link to recover your password in the login form.
- Posted charging icon at login.
- Redesigned management login session and saving the preferences to be persistent about Photoshop CC 2014 (the closing of the panel was asked to log in).
- Now the last tab open (MilkyWay, Star-Trails, Deepsky) is stored after closing and re-opening Panel.
- The Star-Trails Fluid MID button now works correctly.
- Fixed bug in the login function, which is not allowed to start a new session.
- First release of May 31, 2017
TO DOWNLOAD THE PANEL ORIONH UPDATED ONE NEED TO GO TO THE SECTION DOWNLOAD AREA CUSTOMERS AND DOWNLOAD IT.
- I have successfully installed the panel but by going to Window à Extensions the OrionH entry is not present.
Make sure you have a compatible version of Photoshop among those listed ( CC2014 v15, v16 CC2015, CC2015.5 v17, v18 or higher CC2017) . To find out, just go to Help à Information System and read the first line of Adobe Photoshop version: … ; Note that if your version is lower than the CC 2014 v15 then you need to upgrade to a newer version.
- I downloaded Anastasiy’s Extension Manager, but when you install OrionH I get an error. Solution: Make sure you extract all files from the zip into a folder and if you have Windows, run the program as Administrator. Or try an alternative Extension Manager, as ZXPInstaller .
- I tried to install the panel following the instructions, but I Extension Manager does not display my version of Photoshop, so I can not install it. Solution:
It may happen, that the third-party software to manage extensions is not compatible with the latest versions of Photoshop; to remedy the problem, you can follow a manual procedure.
Make sure that you have installed on your system WinRar and then spend for download and subsequent installation; open WinRar and white window drag the OrionH installation files Es. com.mwh.orionhv126.zxp like a zip or rar archive. At this point you will find yourself a huge amount of files, extract everything into a folder that you can name as the installation file Es. Com.mwh.orionhv126.
Now all that remains is copy the folder in one of these folders, depending on your operating system:
Win: C: Program Files (x86) Common Files Adobe CEP extensions Mac: / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CEP / extensions Without this, open Photoshop and see if OrionH is present on window and Extensions tab.
- I installed OrionH regularly, but at the time of login, using data that I’ve got e-mails are incorrect.
In this case, to solve the problem, just visit in your area reserved https://www.milkywayhunters.com/my-account/ by signing with the data received by e-mail, and section details account replace the current password with a new one.
- I need to use OrionH without an active internet connection.
The first login is always required and the session lasts a month. If you press the button Logout (placed after the tab Deep Sky), the session will be canceled and will be repeated log in the next time. If programs use OrionH without internet, make sure you have the latest version of OrionH installed, or at least not inferior to v1.1.0; with active Internet carries a Logout andthereafter a login in order to renew the session for another month.